Why get a new HD for your PS4?
This article is about replacing your current PS4 HDD with a new harddisk. I think the harddisk I currently use in my PS4 is the best one out there and has the best price per GB.
So why would we need a new harddrive?
Well plain and simple, if you love games and have bought all the PS4 launch titles there is a pretty good chance that right now as of 16 march you won’t be far from your harddrive’s max capacity.
Which harddrive is the best buy out there?
Personally I think the HGST Travelstar 5K1500 1.5TB 2.5-Inch Mobile 5400 RPM 9.5mm is the best out there as your new PS4 HDD. Keep in mind you need a SATA 9.5 harddrive for your PS4 else it just wont fit.
The travelstar is huge, 1.5 TB which leaves you roughly with 1.3TB after installing the system software and considering any mayor game out there takes between 20-40 GB this could keep you alive for quite some time!
Also i been using this harddrive for quite some time now and in my oppinion its silent and well rounded.
So how do we install this bad boy inside the PS4? (info is from Sony Online)
- Make sure the PS4 it turned completely off. When the power indicator is off, the system is completely off. If the power indicator is lit up in orange, the system is in standby mode. Exit standby mode.
- Unplug the AC power cord, and then disconnect the other cables from the system.
- For safety reasons, remove the plug for AC power cord from the electrical outlet, and then detach the other cables.
- Slide the PS4 HDD bay cover in the direction of the arrow to remove it.
- Remove the HDD.
- Remove the screw.
- Pull the HDD toward the front of the system to remove it.
- Using a phillips screwdriver, remove the screws (four places).Do not remove the rubber inserts from the screw holes.
- Place the replacement PS4 HDD on the mounting bracket for the PS4™ system’s HDD, and then attach using the screws (four places).Do not over-tighten the screws.
- Attach the HDD to the system using the screw.Be sure to fully insert the HDD in the HDD bay.
Next step is installing the system software onto your new PS4 HDD ! (Info from Sony Online)
After the PS4 HDD has been replaced, the system software must be reinstalled. Using a computer, save a system software update file for reinstallation to a USB storage device. (1GB free space)
Click here for instructions regarding downloading and performing the reinstallation update.
Where to buy?
You can buy the harddisk directly from me as soon as my shipments arrive 🙂 So stay Tuned on this website for a good price deal. Currently amazon is at 113$ for the harddisk but I will give you guys a better deal!